PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION (POPI)
Why do we collect personal information?
We collection personal information in order to liaise with you telephonically, via our website or email so that we may:
- respond to any query or comment received from you;
- inform you of new offers;
- enable us to process, validate and verify information and requests for the supply of goods and/or services;
- for the purposes for which you specifically provided the information; and
- to improve your experience on our website.
If you are under 18 years of age (minor), we will require the consent of your parent/guardian/competent person before we process such personal information.
Processing of information
We will share your personal information:
- in order to comply with applicable law or with legal process served on our company;
- in order to protect and defend the rights or property of our company; and
- with employees and/or third parties who assist us in providing services to you and thus require your personal information in order to render a proper and efficient service. We will ensure that all such employees and third-party service providers, having access to your personal information, are bound by confidentiality agreements.
- treat your personal information as strictly confidential;
- take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
- promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
- provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with obligations under this policy in reasonable request; and
- not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally required, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
Although we take the aforementioned precautions in protecting your personal information, we shall however not be liable for loss or damage howsoever arising - suffered as a result of the disclosure of such information if outside of our reasonable control.
You have the right at any time to:
- rectify the personal information collected by us;
- object to the processing of personal information (subject to legislation);
- request the return or destruction of personal information (subject to legislation); and/or
- lodge a complaint with the company.
The personal information processed by us is not routed/transferred to a third country or international organisation.
All enquiries must be addressed to the information officer Naz Kell, who can be contacted via email on email@example.com or via telephone on (021) 7011121.